Leading titanium 3D printer OEM, Arcam AB announced this morning:
Sales increased by 105% to 137.1 MSEK / = $16.5 million USD (vs. 66.9 MSEK in Q4 2013)
Operating income increased to 13.2 MSEK = $1.6 million USD (vs. 6.9 MSEK in Q4 2013)
Net income increased to 15.0 MSEK = $1.8 million USD (vs. 7.6 MSEK in Q4 2013)
Order intake increased to 21 (vs. 10 in Q4 2013) systems
For 2014, the company reported + EPS which increased to 3.10 SEK ( vs. 0.96 in 2013) or .37/share in USD. It’s important to note that this figure includes the tax effects of approximately 15.8 MSEK. This is offset by $9.3 MSEK in non-recurring costs, for a net of ~ $6.5 MSEK towards earnings.
|3.10 SEK||=||0.374087 USD|
|Swedish Krona||↔||US Dollar|
|1 SEK = 0.120673 USD||1 USD = 8.28684 SEK|
To those following the 3D printing space closely, these numbers may not come as a surprise. Most industry experts agree that the high growth niche for 3D printing is in industrial manufacturing of high grade metal parts for aerospace, defense, medical/prosthetic implant markets. These are markets in which Arcam’s Electron Beam Melting (EBM) technology is perfectly suited (see interview with Arcam AB CEO: http://3dprintingstocks.com/arcam-ab-ceo/ ).
Arcam has strong start in 2015 with 5 orders announced YTD:
- Order for an Arcam Q10 from an Institute in South America Business Wire (Thu 5:00AM EST)
- Arcam Wins Order for an Arcam Q20 System from LAI International in Phoenix Business Wire (Thu 4:02AM EST)
- Order for an Arcam Q10 from China Business Wire (Wed, Jan 21)
- Arcam receives order for an EBM system from Chinese institute Business Wire (Mon, Jan 19)
- Arcam wins order for Arcam A2X system from CalRAM Business Wire (Wed, Jan 7)
Earnings Conference Call Today:
Time: February 5, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. EST / 3:00 p.m. CET
Phone numbers: US: +1 6465025116 , SE: +46 856642691 , UK: +442034281400
For registration please follow link: Arcam Q4 2014 Report
Make sure you are connected to the phone conference by calling in and register a few minutes before the conference begins.
Disclosure: I own shares of Arcam AB